The purpose of this document is to give the reader a brief summary to the background on the
Swedish–Iranian Chamber of Commerce SICC, start-up. Furthermore it will enlighten the reader on
the current activities and future plans of this organisation. For further detailed reading please
refers to the SICC business plan and vision documentation.
The founding of the SICC, during the fall of 2004, was based on some concerns over the lacking
business and trade-relations between Scandinavia and Iran. The total sums of imports from the
Scandinavian region are miniscule compared to what they could and should be.
The founders of the SICC also wished to improve the general business and trade-relations of the two
regions in general and help companies overcome language related and cultural barriers that exist as
well as providing support, courses and coaching in fields as ranging from cultural understanding to
on-site marketing and networking, among other things.
The SICC goals are to:
– Help investors and commercial entities gain valuable new contacts in both the commercial and
– Provide (through the means of meetings, seminars, etc) a creative atmosphere where companies
can exchange contacts and experiences.
– Help establish contact between different parties of interest such as the corresponding
Commerce Chamber in Iran and other companies and institutes in order to provide counselling
– Through the means of courses and coaching-sessions with both theoretical and practical
elements introduce companies and organisations to the business-culture and governmental
regulations in Iran to help ensure successful business-endeavours.
– Arrange business and study- visits and delegations to and from Iran in order to provide for means
of on-site networking, marketing and prospecting.
– Publish studies, analysis and assessments related to trade and business with and in Iran.
– Publishing useful contact information regarding companies, organisations and governmental
institutions for members of the SIC to use.
– Utilising the Internet in order to provide above-mentioned information as membership services.
– Secure funds through other means of income such as fees and fund raising ensure a financial
ground for further development and increased service level.
The future of the SIC is more than bright considering the fact that many companies have expressed
their wishes to invest in, and export to Iran. With the help of on-site sibling organisations the SICC
has set plans to help bridge the gap between the Scandinavia region and Iran which will both help
bolster the economy of both parts as well as helping the people in Iran through the creation of new